A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Exit of Expats in Egypt




This is the last posting here. I will keep the blog alive because I have heard many times over, that some of my posting is helpful, most of it is originally enlightening in a light-hearted way and so I hope it will help other expats as well as enrich those who cannot go but want/need to know more about Egypt's rich culture, outstanding history and loving peoples!

We are settled in here. I will be creating a new blog of our life here. It will be private. If you are interested, send me your email address, I'll invite you!

Thanks for looking and

HAPPY EASTER!

mourning for His pain...
celebrating His resurrection...

I loved hearing Joshua recount the whole story to Jasmine this year...and explaining that eggs give hope of new life...and that's what we have in Jesus - hope of new life! Thanks for sharing this journey as we embarked across the globe and back again!

Love

~Wendy

4 comments:

Wendy Wells said...

Hey Wendy,
I'd love to continue to read about life for the DeLanoys! God continues to use you in mighty ways!

Wendy
wellsfamily98@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I truly enjoyed sharing in your journey through all of your posts. I'm sad for you that your time in Egypt had to end abruptly. You all continue to be in my prayers. I would enjoy being able to continue reading your blog. I think you already have my email address.
I'm glad you are settling in here in Michigan!

Heather Wiersma

Kim S. said...

Wendy - I want to continue walking beside you in life. Please invite me:) I also want to know more about how you found to blog privately. I would love to do this, but has specific people who cannot know too much about our life.

I would love to get together sometime soon. Let me know what your calendar looks like.

Debi said...

Hi Wendy,

I would also love to continue to follow you and your beautiful family. I really enjoyed the posts from Egypt. We met at one of the Bethany multicultural festivals a few years ago. I work in GR, we live in Spring Lake, and my husband is also a pilot. We have a 5 year old daughter from China and are going back soon for a son! :)
Thanks,
Debi St. Arnauld
dlmoinet@yahoo.com